If you’re living in an apartment building, chances are you’re sharing space with other roommates who aren’t human. One of the most dreaded pests that homeowners and apartment dwellers run into are cockroaches. Cockroaches are filthy pests that can easily infest and take over your apartment if proper precautions are not taken.
Follow these DIY:
1. Seal cracks and holes around the foundation, windows or other entryways into your home.
2. Regularly clean kitchen counters to avoid leaving behind crumbs or food that can attract cockroaches.
3. Properly ventilate basements and crawl spaces to prevent moisture buildup.
4. Keep garbage in sealed containers and dispose of it regularly.
5. Pay extra attention to your kitchen and bathrooms - especially under appliances and sinks - as these areas are particularly attractive to cockroaches.
Not only are cockroaches dirty, but they are also a threat to your health. Cockroach droppings are known to trigger allergies and increase the severity of asthma symptoms, especially in children. They are also capable of transmitting disease and can spread 33 different kinds of bacteria, six parasitic worms and at least seven other human pathogens. Unfortunately for those who live in an apartment building, cockroaches are more likely to be hanging around if your neighbor doesn’t regularly clean. These pests prefer warm, humid places with available food and water sources, so eliminating those attractive environments can help prevent cockroach infestations.
Cockroaches are not a do-it-yourself pest. If you suspect you have an infestation in your apartment, contact SprayMySpace pest control professional to identify the species and recommend a course of treatment.
Not sure how to get rid of cockroaches? You’re not alone. Cockroaches are one of the most common household pests in the world. SprayMySpace offers you a comprehensive pest control solution, visit us now